Dr Steve Williams B.V.Sc (Hons) has been a practising veterinarian in mixed animal practice in the local area since graduation in 1995. In July 2012, Steve joined TLG as the centre veterinarian and manager of day to day operations. Steve’s extensive experience has enabled TLG to expand its services to the equine industry, and to service the high level of demand for specialised breeding technologies such as embryo transfer, chilled and frozen semen AI (including low dose), stallion infertility and problem breeders.
Services continue to be offered on farm or at South West Equine Centre. Facilities at SWEC include a purpose built artificial insemination centre, foaling down barn with alarm and video monitoring, indoor and outdoor arenas and short or long term agistment in individual or shared paddocks.
In addition, TLG has secured a lease on the former Glenormiston College Equine Facilities for the 2014-2015 season and appointed well known show and dressage rider Jason James as Stud Manager. Facilities at Glenormiston include:
- Agistment in the form of:
- paddocks – individual or shared
- An indoor foaling and breeding complex incorporating:
- a large number of stables suitable for wet mares and stallions
- a crush complex fully enclosed, where ultrasound examinations and inseminations are conducted
- a laboratory for semen or embryo evaluations
- a large stallion collection area.