Based in the Western Districts of Victoria, Total Livestock Genetics Victoria (TLGV) has a permanent full time vacancy in its bull collection team.
The successful applicant will be required to manage as well as assist with the collection of genetic material from bulls in a quarantine environment across both its semen collection centres at Camperdown and Glenormiston.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing daily collections
- Inspection, feeding, handling and collecting bulls so as to optimise health, welfare and production
- Under Centre Veterinarian supervision, administration and recording of animal treatments
- Upholding quarantine status
- Liaising with clients
- Maintain stock locations and stock movement records according to protocol health requirements
- General farm duties – fencing, general repairs etc.
- Assisting with programming and AI of on centre ET donors
- Previous farming experience and willingness to work with bulls
- A strong attention to detail and accuracy is imperative
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to manage a diverse range of duties
- Ability to manage a team
As part of a team, support and training will be provided. This is a permanent full time position and a salary package commensurate with skills and experience ($60,000 – $75,000) will be paid to the successful applicant.
Written applications and references to:
Applications close: 30th July 2021
Total Livestock Genetics Victoria
P.O. Box 105, Camperdown, VIC, 3260
For further information please phone (03) 5593 2016